It’s been quite awhile since I’ve done one of these, so I thought it was time! Without further ado…here are my thoughts for this Monday!
1. Fall is the best season of all! I love that everything it brings with it. Cooler temps, the turning of the leaves, pumpkins, and soups! You can’t go wrong with any of that! It’s the perfect balance of needing a sweatshirt at night and short sleeves during the day! I get to watch the boys play football and run cross country!
2. The song “Don’t Blink” is 100% true! When people tell you not to blink because time flies and kids grow too fast, believe them! I have to be honest that I see parents of young (8 or younger) say that time is going to fast and think, “you’ve got no idea”. The 5 years that T and I have been married and I’ve been step-mom to two amazing boys have been the fastest 5 years of my life! I feel like if I blink too many times, R will be graduating and M will be in high school. Maybe I’ll just stare into space for the next 10 years! 😉 I don’t think too much about it all, I’m living in denial for the next 3 years…I have to…it’s my coping mechanism.
3. Weekends at home are just what the doctor ordered. This past weekend we got to be home the entire time (other than Friday night football). I seriously don’t know the last time we had that! We had lazy breakfasts and coffee, I got groceries, and really cleaned the house, we worked outside, and we were lazy. I feel refreshed coming back to work today and that is a great feeling!
4. Making memories can happen everywhere. We sold our camper and truck this past August. As hard as it was to do, we just didn’t have the time in our schedules to make it worth the investment. We vowed to each other, and to the boys, that we would make memories in different ways and experience new things. The first of those started this past weekend. Since we don’t have camping to enjoy campfire food, we dug and installed a fire ring in our backyard. Saturday night we had our first fire in it. We made homemade cheeseballs and onion rings, followed by grilled burgers (eaten on our laps and without plates), and finished off with funnel cakes. It was great to see the boys playing with each other, putting their devices down, and just enjoying each others company!
5. I am the most blessed woman in the universe! I think most people with fantastic families feel this way, but I especially do! We got our new family pictures back and you’re going to get a a rare peak at my boys! They are spectacular and I can’t wait to get the big ones (16×20) printed, framed, and up on my world. These pictures are a great narrative of how happy I am in my life! (Thanks to Jill McCaslin Photography for capturing these shots!)
Have a great week!!