Woofta, it’s been awhile since we’ve seen Random Monday Thoughts (the last one you can find HERE), but I actually missed doing them, so they are back for now! I think it’s good sometimes to sit back and reflect on the weekend (or a couple days at a time) and be thankful for what you have and where you are in life!
- Sun & Warm Temps – This weekend was about as perfect weather-wise as we could possibly wish for in Iowa. Mid-seventies up to low eighties and sun shining with a slight breeze. I love it! The older I’ve gotten, the less I like the cold of the winter, so I soaked up every possible ounce. I even got my first sunburn yesterday! Woohoo!
- Work is more relaxing than being at home! Ok, maybe it’s not quite that extreme, but we worked outside yesterday on gardens and lawns, etc. for over 7 hours and I’m shot! I was actually looking forward to coming back to work today so I could just sit and relax!
- Weddings are Great – We attended the wedding of one of my cousins this past weekend and I seriously love weddings for the mere fact that you get to see people you don’t normally…whether it be family from out of state or acquaintances or friends from a “past life” that you don’t see anymore, it’s so much fun to catch up with everyone!
- My Mom is my Best Friend – I think it’s so fantastic that as I’ve grown and (hopefully) matured into an adult, my mom and I have become best friends. I’ve always been a momma’s girl my entire life, but there was a period in my adolesnce that we were so much alike we butted heads a lot. So, beause of this it’s extra special to me that we are so close now. This past weekend we spent Saturday morning together talking and driving and shopping for flowers for our gardens. Our adventures took us to Natural Plus Nursery in Clear Lake and Winding Creek Garden Center in Belmond and then Sugar Pie Bakery in Belmond for lunch! What a fantastic time it was!
- Flower gardening is Fantastic! I’ve always enjoyed flower gardens, but as I’ve aged and become an adult with my own home I’ve really grown to love having and caring for flower beds! I have window boxes and a raised bed that I fill every year with annuals and three other beds that are full of perennials. I love selecting the flowers and planting them each year and watching them grow and develop! Stay tuned to later this week to see what I selected this year and how they are doing!
Thanks for joining me today! What are your random thoughts after the weekend? I’d love to hear!
And don’t forget to Comment for A Cause: Laura & MS Walk!