It’s fall and the end of September. Everyone is in the mood for fall flavored goodies and that includes myself! I’ve been craving something created with apples, so I did just that! I took to my recipe box and combined some recipes as well as adding my own twists. I prefer muffins, but this recipe makes so much that I ended up with 12 muffins and a small loaf of bread as well.
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1½ cup oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- chopped apples
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup brown sugar, scant
- 2 tablespoons quick oats
- 1 tablespoon flour
- Beat your eggs until foamy and gradually add sugar.
- Blend in oil & vanilla
- Add flour, salt, & baking powder
- Grease a muffin pan and/or loaf pan and fill each ⅔ full.
- Melt butter and mix in brown sugar, oatmeal, and flour.
- Top each muffin with apples & a small bit of crunch topping.
- Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes or until done.
This recipe is a great balance for me. The muffin part isn’t too sweet, so it balances out the sweetness of the crunch topping and apples. The other fun thing about this recipe is that you can mix and match your muffins. I made some with just apples on top, some with just crunch topping on top, and some with both! I did this to appease all eaters in our house, but it’s also fun to play around. You could easily top a few with raisins, raspberries, or blueberries as well! Give them a try, I think you’ll like them!
A few bakers notes:
- I substituted half the sugar with natural sweetener like Stevia.
- I substituted one cup of flower with whole wheat flour.