I’ll be the first to admit it, there are lots of cottage cheese pancake recipes out there, but I’ll also admit, that this one is my favorite! It’s my favorite for a couple different reasons! The first is that it is all made in a blender! One “bowl” makes for easy clean-up! The other thing that makes it my favorite is flavor! I wouldn’t say that there is anything that makes it more special than any other, other than the seasonings and added flavors!
As I try to eat healthy and clean, I struggle most with breakfast! I said it before when I made these banana pancakes and it still rings true today, this girl loves her carbohydrates! I work hard to trick my mind into thinking I’m eating pure carbs, even if I’m not! I’ve done egg muffin cups, hard boiled eggs (most acceptable of foods that aren’t carbs), and smoothies, but really, I just want carbs and it’s a hard cycle for me to break!
Thankfully, these pancakes curb my carb-tooth and are packing lots of protein to keep me full all morning and on the right track! Combine them with some fruit and I have a very satisfying breakfast! My favorite way to eat them is to drizzle them with a little honey and sprinkle with chopped fresh berries. Then, cover and heat in the microwave for about one minute and thirty seconds! The honey and the fruit makes it’s own syrup to make them super yummy without being too sweet!
- 2 cups low-fat cottage cheese
- 6 eggs
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- ⅓ cup all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- non-stick spray
- Begin by blending cottage cheese until smooth in a blender!
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and continue to blend until completely smooth!
- Spray a hot griddle with non-stick spray and cook cakes to size of your choice, thoroughly cooking on both sides.
A couple of cooks notes:
- This batch makes A LOT of pancakes, which is fantastic for me! I usually eat 2 a day and they last me all 6-7 days of the week!!
- The pancakes reheat very well! I eat them fresh and reheat them each day for breakfast!
- Serve them with a little honey and fresh fruit to keep them healthy, but of course you can use maple syrup too!
- They are fantastic with my fresh blueberry sauce!
- Cool them completely on a baking rack if you’re going to be packaging them up for meals later!