The holidays are here, eating healthy is harder than ever! Thankfully, these Parmesan Herb Turkey Burgers make it easier than ever to provide your family with a healthy meal! Using oats instead of bread crumbs makes it clean friendly and healthier for us!
Up until the last year or so, I haven’t done much with ground turkey or chicken! This is mostly due in part to the fact that we always have ground beef in the house. However, I like how non-greasy it is and it reheats really well for lunches at work. Because of these reasons, I’ve been experimenting with turkey burgers! My favorite recipe (until this one was developed, of course) is this one from Thriving Home! I am also very thankful to my local Fareway store who always has ground turkey and chicken readily available! (And no, I wasn’t paid by Fareway to say that, it’s just the truth! When you only have on grocery option in town, you are grateful for variety!)
The Recipe – Parmesan Herb Turkey Burgers
Here’s my spin on turkey burgers!
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 egg
- ½ cup old fashioned oats, ground to a fine dust
- ¼ cup fresh shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- Begin by grinding your oats to a fine dust! I use my bullet type blender!
- Combine all ingredients thoroughly and form into patties.
- Place in a hot pan and cook for about 3-5 minutes on each side or until cooked throughout.
Cooks Tips & Thoughts:
- You can use both ground turkey or chicken! I typically use turkey as it is a little more cost effective!
- If you don’t have access to a bullet blender to grind your oats, feel free to use bread crumbs! I opted for this option to keep it “clean” friendly!
- You certainly don’t have to use fresh grated parmesan! I happened to have it in the house, otherwise, it would have been the kind you put on your pizza! Ha! That’s real life for you!
- Also real life, I don’t keep fresh garlic in the house! We actually don’t cook a ton with it, so it always goes bad! Here’s what I use! I feel as though it’s better than garlic powder and it lasts a lot longer in my fridge!
- Speaking of garlic, if you’re not a big garlic person, feel free to back it down to 1 clove!
- You can serve them on buns, if you so choose, but I don’t! I eat them in a lettuce wrap or just plain with some ranch! My favorite is Bolthouse Greek Yogurt Ranch! You can find it in the refrigerator section at your grocery store!
Well, that’s it! It’s not fancy or fussy because we all know by now that it not how I roll! I hope you enjoy this healthy spin on a burger and find it refreshing to your taste buds! Let me know what you think!