I recently started eating Keto style and these Sweet & Creamy Strawberries are the perfect snack to satisfy my sweet tooth. Most of you know that I have tried eating “clean”. It didn’t work for me. I can only eat so many stalks of celery before I need something of substance. Several of my friends have adopted the Keto lifestyle and so after much research and talking wit them, I decided to give it a whirl! Before I go any further, I want to say that I am not an expertise in Keto and not a professional, so before you decide to take on the lifestyle, please do research with those that are!
Finding What Works For Me
One aspect of Keo is high protein and high fat and very low carb. I’ve actually come to discover that I love carbs, but they don’t love me. I love cereal, muffins, and bread, but it makes me so bloated. So, this diet has been great for me! However, I’ve struggled to find low carb snacks to curb my sweet tooth!
We also have started a strawberry garden this year! T has loved giving these “ladies” as he calls them extra attention and producing the sweet red berries for me to enjoy! Next year I’ll have an abundance of strawberries and this will be the perfect way to use some!
Fruit is something I’ve always loved and love experimenting with recipes. This yummy fruit recipe can be used as a side or a dessert!
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup whipping cream
- 2 T Swerve
- 1 t almond extract
- 3 cups diced strawberries
- Begin by whipping your cream until somewhat frothy
- Add the cream cheese, Swerve, and almond extract and mix thoroughly
- Fold the cream cheese mixture into your strawberries
- Swerve is an all-natural sugar substitute. Any natural (no calorie) sugar substitute will work for this recipe. You may just have to adjust the amounts based on what you use. You can also use real sugar if you aren’t worried about those calories!
- Your whipping cream will not whip up into an actual cream. You aren’t using enough (or in my case, didn’t have the patience) and that’s ok! You just want to whip it until frothy!
- Stir your strawberries real well before eating or serving. They will put off a natural juice and you will see “water” or juice sitting in the bottom of the bowl! This juice just helps to spread things around, it’s all good!
I love enjoying these Sweet & Creamy Strawberries for an evening snack! They are perfect for satisfying my sweet tooth, but not getting me off track with my diet! If you want something extra special, toss a few dark chocolate chips in with your strawberries! YUM!